Tempered glass / Toughened glass
is two or more times stronger than annealed glass. When broken, it shatters into many small fragments which prevent major injuries. This type of glass is intended for glass facades, sliding doors, building entrances, bath and shower enclosures and other uses requiring superior strength and safety properties.
There are two different methods used to produce tempered glass.
Where the annealed glass is subjected to a special heat-treatment in which it is heated to about 680°C and afterwards cooled. If it is cooled rapidly, the glass is up to four times stronger then annealed glass and its breaks into many small fragments (fully-tempered). If it is cooled slowly, the glass is twice as strong as annealed glass and the fragments of the broken glass are linear and more likely to remain in the frame.
The glass is covered by a chemical solution which produces a higher mechanical resistance. Chemically-strengthened glass has similar properties to thermal-treated glass. The product is not generally used for window glass, but more commonly seen in industries where thin, strong glass is needed.
Tempered / Toughened Safety Glass Processed Specification
1.3D shape: C standard curved, multi-radius curved,moulded processed and J curved.
2. Flat shape: circular / triangle / square / rectangular / diamond / cylindrical / Pentagon / ladder / parallelogram / hexagon heptagon octagon / eight / nine / ten edge edge / irregular graphics / oval.
3. Edge work:flat, pencil, bevel, ogee, waterfall ,convex edge.
4. Surface:acid etched, ink printing, coated, lacquered, painted, mechanical grooving,preventing water spots, laser engraved,etc.
5. Corner work:fillet, chamfer,etc.
6. Cutout work:hole, notch, shape cutout,etc.
7. Glass color:clear, ultra clear, bronze, green, pink, grey, blue,etc.
8. J curved data: 450 x ⌒450mm to 2000x ⌒900mm fit for 5-8mm glass. Rmin：450mm, Rmax:10000mm.